Yoga and Meditation
Hatha Yoga - "Yoga" means "union" and enhances the mind, body and spirit connection. Hatha Yoga focuses on 3 components: a) Breathing - to help calm the body and the mind, b) Physical Movement - to strengthen, stretch and relax the body, c) Meditation - to bring together the calm mind and the healthy body which then allows the connection to a person's inner spirit.
Benefits of Yoga:
1. Lowers blood pressure, respiratory rate and increases circulation and oxygenation of the body.
2. Massages internal organs, thus strengthening the body.
3. Increases muscle tone and flexibility.
4. Decreases joint and body stiffness.
5. Increases energy and improves sleep.
6. Strengthens core strength.
7. Improves concentration, focus and memory.
8. Overall mood improvement.
9. Helps to control stress, anxiety, depression.
10. Increases positive self image.
Meditation - is a practice of concentrated focus upon a sound, object, thought, visual image, breath or movement in order to increase awareness, reduce stress, promote relaxation and enhance personal and/or spiritual growth.
Benefits of Meditation:
1. Lowers blood pressure, slows the heart rate and respiratory rate.
2. Increases ability to focus and concentrate.
3. Lowers stress.
4. Decreases restless thinking.
5. Helps to develop intuition.
6. Increases awareness.
7. Promotes self confidence.
8. Emotional balance.
9. Promotes calmness.
10. Increases the ability to be more "present" in life.